Tuesday, July 13, 2010

MORE BBQ AND NEW BEER OF THE WEEK!


Q's BBQ - I heard good things about Q's from a few different people recently and decided to go check it out. Q's is located in downtown Lagrange on Lagrange rd. Q's is very similar to Smoque BBQ, which I reviewed in my last post. I went with the Texas brisket, Carolina pulled pork, mac and cheese, cornbread, and hush puppies. The brisket was very tender, I picked it up at one end and it literally broke in half. The pulled pork was good, a little dry, but not bad. Mac and cheese could have been a little more cheesy, but the crumble cracker topping was great. It might have been crumbled goldfish crackers. Cornbread and hush puppies were nothing special. One plus was they had 4 different BBQ sauces at your table. Sweet, Spicy, Vinegar based, and mustard based. Spicy was my favorite and the mustard was good with the hush puppies. Overall Q's was excellent, not quite as tasty as Smoque, but a better value. I would defiantly go back.

BEER OF THE WEEK
Breckenridge Vanilla Porter - This porter has a nutty, chocolate taste with a vanilla finish. This beer is made with real vannila beans from Papau New Guinea and Madagascar. It pours a dark brown chestnut color, almost black. Brewed in Breckenridge, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment