Wednesday, June 30, 2010

First Weekly Post!

Hey everyone,
The Menu Master is back! I decided I'm going to change this blog up a bit. I will do one post a week, probably Wednesday nights and recap the best things I ate during the past week. Since I haven't posted in a while I will review the best things I ate in the past few months.

Smoque BBQ - The best thing I ate in the past few months would have to be the Brisket @ Smoque BBQ. Smoque is off I90 on Pulaski and was featured on a recent episode of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives so I decided to go check it out. Everything I ordered was excellent. I ordered a brisket dinner with mac and cheese and cornbread. Then for $3 you can add a taste of another meat. I went with the Texas smoked sausage. Both the sausage and the brisket were phenomenal. The brisket is smoked for over 15 hours. The mac and cheese was honestly the best Ive ever had. The cornbread was perfect too. I had a bite of the ribs and pulled pork. Both were just as good as the brisket and the sausage. Please, please go check this place out!


Jack Straws
- Another great find was a place called Jack Straws located on Naperville Rd. in Wheaton. Jack Straws is mostly known for their pizza, but also have a collection of different cheese steaks and what they call Manburgers. I decided to go with The Bronson Manburger. The Bronson is two 1/4 pound hamburger patties, American cheese, gyro meat, tzatsiki sauce, bacon, tomatoes, onions, and lettuce. The first bite was incredible, you get so many different flavors in your mouth. The only negative thing I can say about this burger is that when you get to the last few bites, it gets unappetizing because your so full. Then, just when I thought the meal couldn't get any better, I get my favorite kind of fries, fresh cut and greasy, with a cheese sauce that Ive never come across before, merks cheese sauce. It was so sharp and creamy. I would go back just for this cheese sauce, but I will defiantly be returning anyway to try out some of the cheese steaks so stay tuned!

Anyways Baja Fish Tacos - Check out the summer specials menu at Anyways and order the Baja Fish Tacos. You get two beer battered haddock tacos topped with fresh chipotle cabbage slaw, tomatoes, and lime chipotle aioli. This mix of ingredients makes for a great fish taco. I'm not usually a cole slaw fan, but the chipotle slaw was fantastic. Anyways now has two locations, one in Oak Brook Terrace on Roosevelt Rd, the other in Bloomingdale on Army Trail Rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment