Saturday, May 15, 2010

Adobo Grill - Ancho Chili BBQ Burrito


BBQ Burrito!

One of the few perks of working in retail is that other businesses like to bring you free stuff to let you know they are new to the area. As I mentioned in a previous blog (Adobo Grill - Pulled Pork Quesadillas) Adobo grill has put a new location in Wheaton. The manager brought over some free entree coupons just to let us know they are there. I have always said, the best food is free food. Since I tried a quesadilla last time, I decided to try one of their signature burritos. I went with the Ancho Chili BBQ Burrito. Now you can order this many different ways. I ordered it with grilled chicken,rice, pinto beans, hot habanero salsa, cheese, and sour cream. With this burrito you get the ancho chili BBQ sauce also. Its a very large burrito. The BBQ sauce is interesting, it defiantly isn't your average BBQ sauce. It isn't thin, but it isn't too thick either. It has a bit of a smokey taste to it. I enjoyed it. The salsa was not near hot enough though. If you have habanero salsa, I would expect something a little hotter. Overall though, It was pretty good. Not amazing, but it was something different. Normally the burrito was $6.95. $6 - $7 seems to be the standard price for an item there. I will base my score off that price, not the free price.

Menu Master Rating
Item Reviewed - Ancho Chili BBQ Burrito
Taste - 7.7 (sauce was interesting, salsa could have been a lot hotter)
Value - 6.8 (you wont leave hungry, a bit more expensive than chipotle)
Total - 7.25

No comments:

Post a Comment