Tuesday, May 4, 2010

KFC - Original Recipe Double Down


You voted, I ate it!

Thank you all for voting last week on what I should eat next. The KFC Double Down was a winner by a landslide. As you might know already the Double Down consists bacon, a slice of Monterrey jack cheese, a slice of pepper jack cheese and what they call colonel sauce all sandwiched between two crispy boneless chicken breasts. I was afraid this sandwich might give me a heart attack. When I opened up the box, it wasn't as big as I thought it was going to be. KFC defiantly uses smaller chicken breasts than normal. I took the first bite, and was pleasantly surprised. It was good! The chicken is juicy and has that classic KFC seasoned taste. There is so much chicken you don't really even notice the extremely thin cut bacon. The cheese melts into the chicken very nicely. The colonel sauce is hard to explain. It gives the sandwich a bit of a zesty taste. I finished the Double Down fairly quickly and didn't feel sick like I thought I would. It did hit me about an hour later, but it wasn't too bad. Would I order it again? I dunno. Its a pretty heavy greasy sandwich. Probably only in certain situations would I order it again. The price tag was $4.99. $5 seems to be the new staple price for a large sandwich. So its right there with all the other ones. If it was any cheaper it would be a great value.

Menu Master Rating
Item Reviewed - KFC Original Recipe Double Down
Taste - 7.7 (i really had a hard time finding something wrong with it)
Value - 7.0 (average price for a large sandwich)
Total - 7.35

No comments:

Post a Comment