Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bonos - Meatball Sandwich w/ fries

New Menu Master Record!

I went food hunting again on my lunch break. I have been exploring Ogden road because its not an area I head to often, but its close enough to work. I drove past a place called Bonos. Bonos is located on Ogden Rd in Lisle. I'm not sure if its pronounced like Bonos name from U2 or Sonny Bono. If anyone knows let me know, including you Bo Jackson. This place doubles as a hot dog joint and a bar. I glanced at the menu, it was a usual hot dog place menu. Then I glanced at the specials. I decided to go with the Meatball Sandwich special. It came with fries and a drink. I ordered mozzarella cheese on top as well for $1 extra. A little pricey, but in my opinion you cant have a meatball sandwich without cheese. The kind lady brought my order out and set it on the table and man did it look beautiful. First off it was huge. Three meatballs stuffed into Italian bread covered in marinara sauce. On top was a thick layer of mozzarella cheese that looked like it had been baked in the oven. It was golden brown. I didn't feel so bad now paying the extra buck. I took a bite and it was delicious. Everything about it was just about perfect. It had the perfect amount of sauce and tons of cheese. Then I noticed the gigantic mountain of fries. My favorite kind too. Fresh cut fries with the skin still on em, greasy, but not to soggy. The price of the combo was only $4.99! The cheese brought it to $5.99, but still an incredible value. I finished everything except for a few fries and left extremely full. I will be returning for this again soon. Sorry, no pic right now, but I will add one next time I order this.

Menu Master Rating
Item Reviewed - Bonos Meatball Sandwich and fries
Taste - 9.4 (both the sandwich and fries were near perfection)
Value - 9.5 ($5.99 for a combo that I almost couldnt finish, wow)
Total - 9.45

No comments:

Post a Comment