Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cheddars - New Orleans Pasta


Sausage, Chicken, and Shrimp in one dish!


A few Fridays ago I was headed to a friends house after a long day at work and I decided I was going to treat myself to a good meal. I stopped at Cheddars in Bolingbrook and ordered the New Orleans Pasta to go. This pasta dish consisted of penne pasta in a creamy cajun sauce with cajun spiced chicken, sausage, and shrimp. Onions and green peppers were also scattered throughout the pasta. It also included a piece of garlic bread. The pasta first off had a good flavor to it. It could have used a little more of the cajun sauce as a few of the noodles were bare. The pieces of onion were way to big in my opinion. The chicken was my favorite meat in the dish. The problem was I could only find two pieces. There wasn't too much sausage either, three small pieces. However there were about 8 pieces of shrimp, which seemed a bit overcooked. I would have liked it if they evened out the meat a little. Garlic Bread was a little soggy, possibly because it was in a take out box for a 1/2 hour. Over all I defiantly enjoyed it, there sure was enough of it, but I wish the chicken:sausage:shrimp ratios were better. The New Orleans Pasta was $9.99, a good price for a sit down restaurant pasta dish.

Menu Master Rating
Item Reviewed - Cheddars New Orleans Pasta
Taste - 6.5 (had several things wrong with it, but still enjoyed it, has potential if corrected)
Value - 7.3 (good quantity, good price)
Total - 6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment