Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Harry Caray's Lombard - Burger Bar

Cubs Opening Day Half Price Burger Bar!

Baseball seasons finally here, so some fellow Cubs fans (one sox fan) and I took a trip to Harry Caray's in Lombard, IL to watch the first Cubs game of the season. I wasn't planning on eating anything, I was just going to have a beer or two. That all changed when the bar tender told us that he would give us the March Madness special which included $2 bud lights and 1/2 price burger bar! It wasn't an actual burger bar, but it was more of a create your own burger type of deal. You choose the type of meat you want, then your seasoning, then cheese, then type of bun, then any other added toppings. I went with the regular sirloin burger with a cajun seasoning, gorzalany gorgonzola cheese, avocado, and hickory smoked bacon all on a pretzel roll. The burger came out and it was huge. I'm guessing it was a half pound, but it looked bigger than that. The burger was good. The pretzel roll could have been a bit more like a pretzel, a little too soft. It was cooked perfectly. My biggest problem with the burger was partially my fault. The gorgonzola cheese was really strong, and there was a lot of it. It overpowered the whole burger. I couldn't even taste the cajun seasoning because of it. I would suggest ordering it with a different cheese unless you like a lot of really strong cheese. Casey ordered a peppercorn crust and also said it was strong. The burger ended up being about $12.50, but since it was half price it came out to $6.25. A bargain for a quality 1/2 pound burger. The burger came with steak fries as well.

Menu Master Rating
Item Reviewed - Harry Carays Burger Bar
Taste - 6.1 (partially my fault, but I feel there was too much gorgonzola)
Value - 9.1 (a steal for 1/2 price, a little pricey without the deal)
Total - 7.6

1 comment:

  1. I am in. You ever need a guest post or what not let me know. I will even brave the Double Down for the sake of progressing this fantastic premise.

    ReplyDelete