Sunday, April 11, 2010

John's Rib House - Giovanni Deluxe

I Don't Know Who Giovanni is, But I Like Him!

Thanks to Keri's hunger for rib tips Friday night, I was introduced to John's Rib House for some good BBQ. John's Rib House is located on Route 53 and Maple Ave in Lisle. I took a look at the menu at John's and decided what to order. I was pretty hungry, so I was looking for something heavy. John's has pulled pork, ribs, rib tips,chicken, catfish and even gyros. I then realized that there was only one guy working and he was preparing food for other customers while taking our orders. I was really having a hard time deciding what to get. Then I saw it. A sign made out of a white piece of paper hanging from the bottom of the menu, written in colored marker, Giovanni's Deluxe. What is the Giovanni Deluxe you ask? It includes: 3 rib tips ,2 chicken wings, 1 hot link, and 1 breaded catfish fillet. I tried the rib tips first. Awesome, meat was tender, not too much cartilage, BBQ sauce was thin with a little kick. I usually like a thicker sauce, but it was good. And as an added bonus, he gave me about 7 of them instead of 3! Next i dug into the chicken wings. Again, awesome. They had a crispy skin, but not over breaded. Meat again was tender and juicy. My only problem with it was that there wasn't a lot of meat on them. Next I tried the hot link. Oh boy, I was a big fan of this one. It was charred perfectly and it had a little heat to it. My only problem with this is that I didn't order another one! Next, the catfish. I don't order fish that often, but I do enjoy it. I wasn't the biggest fan of this catfish. The breading was soggy and greasy. It just wasn't very appealing. Overall it was the best BBQ I've had in a while. The price of the Giovanni Deluxe was $10.50. Not too shabby considering the amount of food. I did get the bonus rib tips, but even without them, I don't think a normal human being would be able to finish all this. Thanks to Giovanni for coming up with this collection of food!

Menu Master Rating
Item Reviewed - Giovanni Deluxe
Taste - 8.7 (everything reeked of awesomeness except the catfish)
Value - 8.0 ($10.50 for a ton of food, I like it)
Total - 8.35

No comments:

Post a Comment