Friday, April 16, 2010

Scoobies - Cheeseburger w/fries

Scoobie Doobie Dont!

I went hunting on my lunch break earlier this week. No not actual hunting, hunting for a new place to eat. I headed down Ogden road thinking there would be something i have not tried. I finally found a place called Scoobies. Scoobies is a hot dog joint in Downers Grove on Ogden. The menu had nothing interesting. I heard from a food critic recently that you can tell a lot about a place by ordering the simplest item on the menu. So I decided to just try the cheeseburger. I placed the order and unfortunately they had it ready in a matter of seconds. Did I mention it was about 11 am and no other customers were there? Obviously they hadn't just grilled the burger. The burger was dry, had no taste, and while the fries looked like good seasoned fries, they also had no taste. The roll the burger was on was about the only good thing about it. I got a combo for $5.39. Not a horrible deal, but you'd think for that price you would at least get a semi-fresh burger. It also wasn't that big of burger.

Menu Master Rating
Item Reviewed - Scoobies Cheeseburger
Taste - 3.7 (when the roll is the best part, that's not a good sign)
Value - 4.8 (not a horrible combo price, but its never a good value when you get low quality food)
Total - 4.25

No comments:

Post a Comment